- 1 1/2 kilos boneless, skinless rooster breast halves, prick into 3/4-plod chunks
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15.5 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 plum tomatoes, cored and prick into 1/2-plod pieces (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted Kalamata olives (about 5)
- 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Creamy Polenta for Mediterranean Chicken Stew, for serving
- 1. Season rooster with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a gigantic nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-excessive heat. Add rooster, and cook dinner, turning every once in some time, unless golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Switch to a plate.
- 2. Prick heat to medium-low; add closing teaspoon oil to skillet. Add garlic, and cook dinner, stirring, unless fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add chickpeas and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil; cook dinner unless liquid is diminished by half, about 2 minutes.
- 3. Add tomatoes; cook dinner over medium heat unless starting to collapse, 3 to 4 minutes. Add olives, vinegar, and rooster along with any accrued juices to pan; toss unless warmed via, about 1 minute. Gallop in parsley. Again over polenta.